Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Natalie La Rose featuring Jeremih "Somebody"

Another song with Jeremih on it, another song that samples a very popular song from decades past. The last time we saw him, he was the lead on a song that sampled "Rhythm is a Dancer". This time he's on a song where he sings a modified version of Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody".

And I love both songs. I love the songs they sample and I love them. Guess I'm just another sucker who drank the pop music kool-aid ;-)

So once again, I'm going to play the video and the video for the sampled song. This might be fun to do as an official thing. When a song makes the Top Ten and it samples or interprets another song, I'll play that one too.

Fun Fact: Whitney's song went to #1 and stayed there for two weeks in 1987.



No comments: