Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (UK Edition): Cheryl "I Don't Care"

A little late today, but I know that you're all patiently waiting for today's TTT. It's another UK track this week because the US Top Ten is full of songs that have already been covered.

So, debuting at #1 in the UK is Cheryl (not Cheryl Cole, who was featured on a previous UK edition) with her song "I Don't Care". This video is fun. Kinda weird though. I feel like the song is a mixture of 80's and modern sounds, but the video is pure late 90's. I'm not sure what the fingerprints of a late-90's-looking video are, but surely partying on a boat and standing on mountains in the sunshine and just having fun and being comfortable making a video are among them. Enjoy!

Oh, also, I am becoming an advocate for casual profanity in these breezy pop songs. I feel like it adds something to the song.

No comments: