Thursday, August 21, 2014

Throwback Thursday: 1958

Well this is the first year that the Hot 100 existed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'd like to start counting back to the current year by weeks on the Billboard 200 albums chart, but I know it started later than 1958. So we'll see.

10. Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
9. Peggy Lee - Fever
8. Duane Eddy and the Rebels - Rebel 'Rouser
7. Kalin Twins - When


I'd never heard of this song before but I was super stoked to find a live performance. It says it's from 1959, but we're going to call that good enough. You know performers really hit a plateau on the whole lip-synching thing, didn't they?

6. I cannot, for the life of me, find out what song was in this position. Billboard skips it. Anyone able to track it down?
5. Jimmy Clanton and His Rockets - Just a Dream
4. Rickey Nelson - Poor Little Fool
3. Jack Scott - My True Love
2. The Elegants - Little Star
1. Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)

No comments: