Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday: 1965

Here are three songs from the middle of the Top Ten. All three great songs. All three similar, but also VERY different.

10. Jackie DeShannon - What the World Needs Now is Love
9. Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
8. Elvis Presley with the Jordanaires - Crying in the Chapel
7. Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
6. The Yardbirds - For Your Love


The only thing I really know about the Yardbirds is that a number of great guitarists were in the Yardbirds at one point. My mind automatically thinks of Jimmy Page, but Jeff Beck was also in there, too.

5. Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World


When I was a kid, my Dad had a Herman's Hermits Greatest Hits album on vinyl. This was on there. I think I love every version of this song I've ever heard.

4. Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully


This is a classic song and the video is...certainly of its time. :) Keep the video going to see a clip of The Untouchables TV show that is also on this video for some reason

3. The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
2. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
1. Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Punch)

No comments: